Consider ways that you can promote smoking cessation in your setting. Encourage and support people to quit smoking by:
- Post up Smokers’ Helpline materials (posters, pamphlets, magnets) as a reminder about the benefits of living smokefree and to promote available quit-smoking supports.
- Promote messages and images that the World Health Organization has developed on this year’s theme.
- Share information about the Helpline by email or through social media channels.
- Contact the Helpline to schedule an information session or display booth for clients or staff.
- Help people connect to the Smokers’ Helpline through referring them the Helpline’s CARE Referral Program. With their consent, submit their contact information online or via fax. The Helpline will then contact them by phone within a few days to discuss quit-smoking supports and programs that are available.