How to kick off your quit journey.
Having activities planned for your Quit Day is not only a great way to begin your Quit Journey, but it will also help take your mind off the fact that you aren’t smoking. By keeping busy, you can distract you from any cravings or unpleasant withdrawal symptoms you may experience.
Here are some suggestions for things to do on your Quit Day.
The morning of your Quit Day:
- Get up a half an hour earlier so you have time to eat a good healthy breakfast.
- Take special care with your appearance and wear something you feel good in.
- If coffee or tea is a trigger to smoke, try a different beverage.
- Ensure you have healthy snacks ready to help satisfy any oral cravings.
The afternoon of your Quit Day:
- Go for a short walk.
- Spend more time in areas where smoking is not permitted.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
The evening of your Quit Day:
- Celebrate getting through the day smoke free!
- Look at how your day went and plan for tomorrow.
For more ideas about how to quit, you can call the Smokers’ Helpline: 1-800-363-5864